Choux du Chocolat
90 gr Unsalted butter
250 gr Fresh milk
2 gr Salt
4 gr Sugar
120 gr Cake flour
24 gr Schoko Cocoa Powder DZ 10/12
6 gr Schoko Cocoa Powder Jet Black 10/12
220 gr Eggs
1. Place the butter, salt & milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and bring to aboil.
2. Remove from the heat and with a spatula, quickly add the flour. Return to heat and stir constantly until the dough come away from the side of the pan and form a thick smooth ball (about a minute or two).
3. Transfer the dough to electric mixer; beat on low speed a minute or two to release the steam from the dough .
4. Once the dough is lukewarm start adding the eggs gradually and continues to mix until you have a smooth thick paste.
5. Pipe on tray, place the thin slices crust on top of the choux and bake together.
6. Bake at 1800C between 5-7 minutes, lower down to 1500C for another 25-30 minutes.
7. Dry it for another 10 minutes.
8. Take out from oven, dust it with icing sugar.
Crush Topping :
150 gr Unsalted butter
180 gr Brown sugar
180 gr Cake flour
Food colour red & green
1. Cream butter and brown sugar together.
2. Add cake flour, Fold in
3. Add desired color, roll, and mould the dough into log, chill/freeze, allow to hardened
4. Slice into thin pieces (2 mm) and put on top of the piped choux
Whipped Java Prestige Filling
220 gr Fresh cream 35%
40 gr Glucose
250 gr Schoko Dark Chocolate Couverture 60% – melted
450 gr Fresh cream 35%
45 gr Latte Machiatto Paste
1. Boil Glucose and cream, slowly add into the melted Schoko Dark Chocolate Couverture 60% – while stirring
2. Add latte machiatto paste into ganache, mix well
3. Pour “cold cream” into ganache, mix immediately.
4. Leave in the chiller overnight.
5. Whip the mixture until sufficient consistency to pipe.
100 gr Fresh cream 35%
20 gr Glucose
240 gr Schoko White Couverture
25 gr Unsalted butter
385 gr Cream cheese
1. Boil glucose and cream.
2. Pour slowly into chocolate & mix well, stir in soft butter, use stick blender to smoothen the mixture. Cool down the mixture to 350C.
3. Beat the cream cheese using paddle attachment until soft, scrap the bottom.
4. Add slowly white ganache into cream cheese, mix well.
5. Whip mixture for additional aeration (using whisk attachment)
1. Poke the bottom of every choux to create a hole, pipe filling into the choux.
2. Dip bottom side of choux with SCHOKO Dark Compound,let it set.
3. Use melted SCHOKO Dark Compound to stick all the choux on “Chocolate Cone Skeleton”.