Dear Chef Joy,
Could you explain to us the information about best selling pastry products in 5 star hotel, not only in Indonesia, but also some other countries?
Different hotels have their own signature cakes. When I was still with Grand Hyatt Melbourne, the three popular cakes there were White Chocolate Cheesecake, Chocolate Truffle Cake and Strawberry Mille Feuille. They are favored mostly because of the taste or flavor, the texture as well as the uniqueness of the cake.
The origins of these products are mainly from France, North America and England. The origin of Cheesecake is basically from Greece. However North American has enhanced the different flavor of this particular cake. White Chocolate Cheesecake does have smooth, soft and melt-in-the-mouth texture. And the addition of white Chocolate makes a perfect blending with the cream cheese flavor.
The Ingredients’ Role
The ingredients play a major role in preparing these cakes. If you use cheap and low quality ingredients these could result in unpleasant taste and flavor. Our customers really desire to have the best cake on their plate, so that using the best ingredients to possess their need is a must. In addition, the quality of the pastry products mainly depends on the recipe of the Chefs and also the skills of the Chefs and/or staff who prepare these products every day.
Besides, the storage also plays a big role in maintaining the quality of these products. Since these products are usually sold in the deli, it is important to note that the displayed of the cake must possess some criteria, like the quality of chiller cabinet, especially the temperature which has to be consistent all the time. The display period should not be more that 4 days because after 3 or 4 days the cakes will dry out and the flavor will change.
In whatever way the cakes are sold, whether in slice or whole, or the way they are served, during tea time or in the lunch & dinner buffet, the cake must be served in the very best condition of it.
Penting dipahami :
- Produk pastry yang disukai oleh pelanggan, biasanya mempunyai 3 kriteria; rasa atau aroma, tekstur produk yang pas dan sesuai, serta keunikan.
- Bahan baku yang berkualitas sangat menentukan hasil akhir dari sebuah produk pastry, terutama untuk rasa dan tekstur.
- Chef atau staf yang menyiapkan cake setiap hari bertanggung jawab dalam menyediakan kualitas produk yang konsisten.
- Media penyimpanan produk berperan penting dalam mempertahankan kualitas produk pastry, seperti kebersihan serta temperatur showcase yang selalu terjaga.
- Masa penyimpanan produk dalam etalase sebaiknya tidak lebih dari empat hari mengingat cake akan kering dan rasanya pun bisa berubah.